Engaging students in learning

There will be different activities that I will be using in my classroom that can engage my students in learning. One activity that I will be using is Kahoot. Kahoot is a website that has hundreds of different fun practice tests/quizzes for students. The students have a set time limit to answer each question when the time runs out or all the students answer the question, it will mark the correct answer green and the wrong one's red. Sometimes there will be multiple answer choices. At the end of each question, you can see a top 5 leaderboard for the students with the most points. During the game, you earn points depending on if you get the answer correct and how fast you answer it. When the Kahoot ends, it will show the top three from 1st to 3rd place. For the top 5 at the end, I will give out either a piece of candy or possible extra credit points that can go towards the next test or quiz in class. Kahoot has different ways that students can play. There is all the students play alone and against each other, there are teams as well as a capture-the-flag mode with 2 teams. I believe that using Kahoot will help make sure my students will stay engaged during class as well as that they have fun while learning and that they enjoy it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional and cutting-edge technology tools

Welcome